This convention by uniting Baptist ministers, Baptist churches, and their various auxiliaries, and such other Baptist organizations as will pledge allegiance to this convention, its rules and statement of Faith shall endeavor:
1. To promote Home and Foreign Missions.
2. To encourage and support Christian Education by establishing and maintaining such institution as the resources of this convention will permit.
3. To eliminate, as much as is possible, divisions and factional groups that divide and hinder the Baptists of Arkansas.
4. To keep a more perfect record of the spiritual and temporal progress of Baptists of our state and nation.
5. To enter more vigorously and enthusiastically in the propagation of the gospel of the Son of God.
6. To provide training and technical assistance to pastors and churches.
7. To serve as a resource for Doctrinal security, pastoral and ecclesiastical issues; and,
8. To direct a meaningful response to social, economic, and political problems.